Glomox 500 mg Capsules: Each capsule contains Amoxicillin 500 mg as (Amoxicillin trihydrate), B.P.
Indications Glomox is indicated for treatment of:
- urinary-tract infections, otitis media, sinusitis, bronchitis, Haemophilusinfluenza infections, skin and soft tissue infections, invasive salmonellosis, and gonorrhoea.
- Glomox is also indicated for prophylaxis of bacterial endocarditis in patients undergoing surgical or dental procedures and as an adjunct in listerial meningitis.
- Glomox is also used in combination with clarithromycin and omeprazole for eradication of Helicobacter pylori, in patients with active duodenal ulcer disease or a 1-year history of duodenal ulcer.
Dosage and Administration
Glomox may be administered without regard to meals.
Glomox Dispersible tablets should first stirred well in half a glass of water and then taken.
250-500 mg every 8 hours.
Severe or recurrent purulent respiratory infection: 3 g every 12 hours.
- Dental abscess: 3 g repeated after 8 hours.
- Urinary- tract infections: 3 g repeated after 10-12 hours.
- Uncomplicated gonorrhoea: 2-3 g plus probenecid 1 g in a single dose.
- Endocarditis prophylaxis: 2 g 1 hour before surgical procedures.
- Helicobacter pylori: 1 g twice/day
20-50 mg/Kg/day in divided doses every 8 hours.
Uncomplicated gonorrhoea: ≥2 years: 50 mg/kg plus probenecid 25 mg/kg in a single dose.
This regimen is not recommended in children <2 years of age, probenecid is contraindicated in this age group.
Subacute bacterial endocarditis prophylaxis: 50 mg/Kg 1 hour before procedure.
Glomox is contraindicated in patients who have a history of hypersensitivity to penicillins, cephalosporins, and other beta-lactams.
Glomox is well tolerated. Side effects are uncommon and mainly of mild and transit nature. The reported adverse effects may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rarely antibiotic-associated colitis, indigestion or an occasional rash, either urticarial, which suggests penicillin hypersensitivity, or erythematous. An erythematous rash may occur in patients with glandular fever, in which case it is advisable to discontinue treatment.
Why Choose Us ?
- Eaisly , Speed , Accurecy
- Direct Shoppimg